Choosing an electric power washer can be a challenging experience when you don’t know what you should be looking for in this kind of machine. Fortunately, there are a number of different types and models that have been made by manufacturers, and you may need to sift through each product to see if you can find exactly what you are looking for.
With this in mind, here are a few basic tips that can guide you in making the best choice possible, as you shop for the machine that you need.
- Select premium or top manufacturers, or those companies that have great reputations for providing the best performance since the results will be determined by how well this tool does the job
- Look for durable products: In addition to selecting a company that offers great performers, it is also important for you to look for a durable product that will last for a long period of time. Avoid products that tend to break after one or two power washes. You can get a lot of information about how well a product performs and stands up by reading customer reviews on online sales sites
How does a power washer work?
How do these pressure washers work and how should they be designed? First of all, it is important to note that each pressure washer has several different features provided including a pump that is powered by either electricity or gas.
So, the amount of power required can vary based on the design and makeup because every power washer should have at least 2 pressure points that control how much cleaning power is given: the low pressure and high pressure points.
When you are looking at specifications, you will see two formal measurements, which consist of GPM (gallons per minute) and PSI (pounds per square inch).
Understanding GPM and PSI is essential because some projects will require more water and more pressure for them to be done proficiently. So, if you are looking to handle big projects on a regular basis, you may find that a unit that can reach as high as 2,000-3,000 PSI and up to 2.8 GPM will be more suitable for your needs.
However, the range that most people need and prefer is around the middle level instead of these higher levels.
Our choices for the best electric power washers
Sale Sale Sale Sale Sale Sale Sale Sale Sale
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Make quick cleaning jobs of decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED: Professional-style pressure washer gun, 2 different pressure washer wands, 20 foot high pressure hose, 14 oz. detergent bottle and 2 high pressure quick change wands with pressure washer turbo and variable nozzles.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Conserves water by using 80% less water with 40% more power than a standard garden hose. Quieter than gas engine models.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Pull it out of the box, insert the hose reel and attach the handle. Connect the high pressure hose and garden hose. Plug the GFCI to a 3 prong outlet with a ground. Pull the trigger to start cleaning.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Best in class support. Contact us at anytime in Fridley, Minnesota. using the information found in the owner's manual.
The AR Clean AR383 1900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer is said to be ideal for a number of different reasons. The power provided is great for handling small and big jobs around the home with a significant amount of ease.
With quite a few added accessories, you usually have everything that is needed to do a good job.
- Made to support a variety of different outdoor cleaning jobs. Made for quick cleaning jobs, specifically in taking care of decks, patios, siding, trucks, cars, driveways, RVs, ATVs and more
- Attachments needed are included with the product: washer gun; 2 different types of pressure washer wands that provide great flexibility in performance; 20’ high-pressure hoses for small and big jobs; 14 oz. detergent bottle; 2 high pressure wands with turbo functioning power, along with quick changing variable nozzles
- Made with environmental friendliness in mind since it has been designed to conserve water (i.e. 80% less water with 40% more power than the standard model garden hose
- Much quieter than gas-pressure models
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with an owner’s manual and great customer support
- The unit is lightweight and easy to move
- Comes with a variety of different attachments that are designed to tackle virtually any job around the home
- Adjustable spray tip that comes with a wide-angle wand
- Excellent pressure washer that has plenty of power
- Nice and quiet
- One of the best pressure washers for the money
- Plastic hose adapter leaks water at mid-point where the 2 washers meet. Leaking can be so that bad that it renders it unusable
- Made from a stiff plastic that gets tangled very easily, which means it can be difficult to move around
- Trying to get the hose on and off can be very difficult
This electric pressure washer is a relatively good buy, specifically when being compared to other electric pressure washers, if you don’t mind upgrading the hose adapter before it becomes annoying.
Read the Full Review
- Incredible Cleaning Power Generated by the 1800 Watt/14.5 amp Motor Outputs a Whopping 1.8 GPM and 2,200 PSI Pressure for Maximum Cleaning and Scrubbing Power
- 5 Interchangeable High and Low Pressure Nozzles Wash Various Surfaces (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and soap); Bonus Turbo Wand Included
- Easy-to-Use System Requires Just 30-Second Setup w/Three Simple Attachments, The Unique Copper Connections are Easily Joined to Hose and Nozzle for Quick, Effortless Hookup
- Power Washer Features Safety Automatic Total Stop System (TSS), Optional Self Suction, & Soap Dispenser
- Ideal Pressure Cleaning Solution for all Types of Vehicles, Cars, SUV's, ATV's, Boats, RVs, and Homes, Driveways, Decks and Patios, Easily Gets rid of Dirt, Grime, Gunk, Oil, Rust, Mildew and Grease and the Toughest Spots - Includes a 1 Year Warranty
The Ivation Electric Pressure Washer has been designed for usage around the home. Because dirt and grime can be embedded in driveways, decks, patios and other areas around the home, a deep cleaning is often required.
While putting a lot of manual elbow grease can take time and a lot of effort, in many cases it is still not sufficient for getting these jobs done properly. Therefore, you may need this kind of pressure washer to not only reduce the time it takes, but to ensure the job is properly done every time.
- This pressure washer provides awesome cleaning power since the washer is made with 1800 watt/14.5 amp motor outputs and 1.8 GPM and 2,200 PSI. You will have access to maximum cleaning and scrubbing power
- Comes with 5 interchangeable high- and low-pressure nozzles wash to tackle a variety of different surfaces (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and soap)
- Manufacturers have designed it with a bonus, which is a turbo wand
- Easy-to-use system that is simple to assemble, and it only takes approximately 30-seconds to set it up with 3 different simple attachments. It has a unique copper connection that can be easily joined to both the nozzle and the hose
- An automatic total stop system (TSS) included with an optional self-suction
- Comes with a soap dispenser that can be used to clean a variety of different surfaces
- Perfect pressure cleaning solution for different types of items including various kinds of vehicles, SUV’s, ATV’s, boats and RVs
- Made for the thorough cleaning of homes, driveways, decks and patios so it is very easy to get rid of dirt and grime
- Manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty
- Great for cleaning surfaces around the entire home including sidewalks, decks and other problem areas that usually hold on to deep stains
- Pressure washer provides you with just enough pressure that will not only clean a variety of different surfaces around the home, but also has power enough to remove old cracked paint. Therefore, it is great for saving time and energy
Low pressure stopped working after the first use
Overall, this pressure washer is a great buy. It does what the manufacturers claim and more since it can be used to clean all kinds of different items thoroughly around the home including patios, decks, vehicles and the like.
Read the Full Review
- 1500 PSI at 1.2 GPM will blast through grime and dirt to restore your surfaces
- Can be used vertically or horizontally for greater stability during use
- Includes a 25° and 40° quick connect tip for a variety of cleaning applications
- 20 ft. High pressure hose for greater reach
- Soap applicator to apply soap to completely clean any surface
- 35 ft power cord with inline GFCI for use on all exterior outlets
This pressure washer has been designed with a number of great features. You can use this product to clean things on the outside of your home, RVs and even boats that need to be cleaned of dirt, mud or debris.
Fortunately, this kind of pressure washer can do a great job on a variety of different projects since it gives you the capability to clean items thoroughly in a manner that reduces the time quite substantially.
Therefore, here are some of the primary features that you can expect to take advantage of when you purchase this pressure washer.
- Manufacturers have designed this pressure washer with 1,500 PSI at 1.2 GPM. This means that it can blast through grime and dirt that has been left back on a variety of different surfaces. In fact, based on the power used, it can also restore these surfaces back to looking new
- For greater stability during its use, you can guide it in more than one direction; it can be used in cleaning up items both vertically and horizontally
- You can use this pressure washer for various cleaning applications, specifically because it Includes a 25° and 40° quick-connect tip
- To provide you with greater potential for reaching difficult places, it has a 20’ high-pressure hose
- Comes with a 35’ power cord that has been designed with an inline GFCI so that it can be used with all exterior outlets
- Designed to be a great little machine for the pool deck. This pressure washer easily does the job, without causing damage
- Easy set up and it works great
- Consumers like this pressure washer because it works very well, while also not experiencing any problems with its overall assembly or performance
- Idea for home use. Designed with 2 spray angles
- It does a great job with cleaning up dirt, stains and debris on driveways
- Thumbs-up given for both the performance and the price
Some consumers complain about leaking at hose connection
Overall, most people say that this pressure washer is an excellent buy. It lives up to the manufacturers’ claims because it is very effective in thoroughly cleaning all kinds of different items around the home including patios, decks, vehicles and other projects that require deep-cleaning.
Read the Full Review
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Easy and quick for decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- HIGHLY RATED: Top rated Consumer Report 2016 electric pressure washer tests. Motor Type : Universal 120V 60Hz
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED: Professional-style pressure washer gun, pressure washer wand, 30 foot high pressure hose, 48 oz. detergent tank and 4 different Quick Connect pressure washer nozzles.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Conserves water by using 80% less water with 45% more power than a standard garden hose. Quieter than gas engine models.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Pull it out of the box. Connect the high pressure hose to the gun and garden hose to the water inlet. Plug the GFCI. Pull the trigger to start cleaning.
This pressure washer is a great buy for those who want a product that is high on the list of top consumer products. Since 2016, this pressure washer has been highly recommended since it has been tested along with others which give excellent performances too.
This means that if you are looking for a product that has been identified as one of the best on the market, it is a great buy to consider for now and in the future.
- Offers great performance for a variety of different outdoor projects. Used for the quick cleaning of decks, patios, siding, driveways, trucks, vehicles RVs, ATVs and many more
- Made for professional use because of the style of pressure washer gun and wand that is included
- Comes with a 30’ pressure hose
- Manufacturers have included a 48 oz. detergent tank along with 4 different sizes of pressure washer nozzles
- Made to conserve water, comes with a standard garden hose
- Quieter than gas-engine models
- Simple to assemble coming out of the box
- Pull-the-trigger feature included
- This machine does all that is expected and holds true to the manufacturer’s claims
- Works as it should, similar to the performance of the higher quality gas models
- It packs a lot of power so it is great for using on all kinds of different cleaning projects on the outside of a home
- Has a reinforced hose that is built to last
- Comes with foot support, which makes it easy for reeling in the hose
- No leaks found in the hose connection
- Upper plastic does not feel like it is going to be long lasting or durable
- Performance with paint removing jobs kind of iffy
As previously noted, this pressure washer is all in all a good buy. Its functionality, based on the manufacturer and consumer reviews, works just like it should.
It has a higher performance when compared to gas models. This electric pressure washer has the potential of lasting much longer and doing an excellent job of cleaning decks, patios, vehicles and more.
Read the Full Review
- 5 Quick-Connect spray tips (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and soap) tackle light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- Powerful 14.5-amp/1800-Watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power
- TSS (Total Stop System) - automatically shuts off the pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life
- Dual detergent tanks - two 0.9 L onboard, removable tanks carry and store different types of detergent to simultaneously tackle different cleaning projects
- CSA approved; Full 2-year warranty
The Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe washer is available for you to buy for use in a wide diversity of places. This is a great performing washer to use on areas on the outside of your home, such as driveways, patios, decks, sidewalks, siding, RVs, vehicles and whatever needs deep cleaning.
- Comes with a powerful 14.5-amp/1800-watt motor that easily generates up to 2,030 PSI/1.76 GPM so you can benefit greatly from maximum cleaning power
- Designed with a fast connect spray feature that helps in tackling both light and heavy duty jobs
- Automatic shut-off feature that turns the pump off whenever the trigger is no longer engaged. It has been designed with saving energy and money in mind. Also, by automatically shutting this system off, you can expect a prolonged pump life
- Dual detergent tanks
- Removable tanks that can carry and store multiple types of detergents so that it can simultaneously tackle several cleaning projects in one session
- CSA approved and comes with a full 2-year warranty offer
- Great buy for the money and it is made with a solid design
- Has the potential to exceed expectations
- Excellent pressure capacity included in its design since it can scrub decks thoroughly without the use of harsh chemicals or a stiff brush. No detergent needed
- Unit is extremely quiet, and will only begin to crank up whenever the trigger is being pulled
- PSI: Measurement is exactly as advertised
- Very stable unit that works very when the pressure hose is facing the user. However, when the hose is facing in another direction, the possibility of tipping the unit over increases
- Water leaks have been reported, especially between the connector and the hose
The Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure washer is a great buy for anyone who want to make sure that they have a product that can tackle heavy-duty jobs. Because this product has dual tanks attached, and an auto shut-off, it will not only save you time, but also money in the long run.
Read the Full Review
Choosing the best pressure washer for a home is not always as simple as you may think. In fact, there are quite a few great products on the market today that can tackle both small and large jobs.
Therefore, when you are looking for the best option, you can make your selection from the 5 choices discussed above. All these high-pressure washers have been designed with their own unique features.
So, if you are looking for a pressure washer that is made with one of the best energy-efficient features, you might choose the Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer.
If you want a pressure washer that is easy to assemble and environment friendly, the AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer, Nozzles, Spray Gun, Wand, Detergent Bottle & Hose is the way to go. Either way, you can choose the option that is best for your specific needs.
Last update on 2018-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API